Sunday 1 February 2009

The Superbowl


Tonight is Superbowl Night, and a friend and I thought that we should have some good American food to eat right alongside it.

So, Super Steph guided me in making these great loaded potato skins.

Take some small/medium potatoes and put them to bake in the remoska with their skins on.

When they're baked, half them, and scoop out a little of the flesh.

Put them back in to crisp the cut sides up.

When they're crispy, add some cheese in each half and top with a little crumbed bacon.

Serve with sour cream with added snipped chives.

I liked the idea, but there was something lacking for me. Maybe I needed a sharper cheese. I think the cheddar I used was too sweet. I also think I needed to add more pepper.

My daughter loves sour cream, but I wasn't so keen. I think I might load them with boursin au poivre next time. And there definately will be a next time.

The remoska cooked the potatoes great. I think the ones in the grill came out better, just because the grill is more intense, but for camping, the remoska rises to the challenge and would make a super fancy snack to share with friends in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment