Thursday 12 February 2009

Apple Crumble


Yesterday I made apple crumble in the remoska. I peeled and chopped 5 bramley apples, and put them in a pie dish inside the remoska. I added brown sugar and cinammon and let them cook. This took about half an hour.

Then I made a standard crumble mixture, as per delia smiths how to cook book, and put that on top.

That took about 15 mins to cook.

It was a very nice crumble. The children ate it, and they don't ordinarily. Although I don't think that had anything to do with the crumble per se, but that perhaps they're getting more adventurous.

4 comments:

  1. That looks good - we are very partial to crumbles but can't justify putting the oven on just for that, so these instructions are great - we'll be trying that out at the weekend. We have tonnes of apples, already cooked and then frozen, so I guess that if I heat that up in the microwave and then pop the topping on, the remoska will do the rest!
    Thanks.

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, even fast way to tasty treats! lol Ready to go apples. Now THAT's dangerous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. een to try but no measure of sugar and spices Then a crumble I cant get elswhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. een to try but no measure of sugar and spices Then a crumble I cant get elswhere.

    ReplyDelete