Wednesday 21 January 2009

Rice with the Remoska Off!

I had a funny surprise today.

I decided to cook salmon fillets in foil, with rice.

I put each fillet in a pouch of foil with lemon and salt.

Then I put a glass bowl in the remoska and put one cup of rice and two cups of water with some salt.

I turned it on and it was cooking for 1/2 hour. The rice was still sitting in a pool of water, so I knew that it was going to take alot longer than on the hob. But that's ok, because I'm thinking will it work for camping. I don't mind about things taking longer.

But then the phone rang, and my Mum asked me to come and get her from the hospital to bring her home.

So, I just turned the remoska off, with everything still inside and the lid left on, and went to get her. I returned 90 minutes later, to find, the rice cooked!!! It just needed a little extra water to cook through, but it had absorbed all the water, and if I had added more water, it would have been cooked to perfection.

The salmon was overcooked, (naturally) but still very edible and certainly not spoilt.

So there we are, the remoska works even with the lid turned off!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gizzie, look forward to reading your 'Year with the Remoska' blog, I've had mine for about 5 months now and love it. It really is a trial and error thing so its great to read about other peoples experiences with it.

    ReplyDelete