Thursday 22 January 2009

Mincemeat Pouches


Seeing as the government is now trying to encourage us not to waste food, I thought I had better use up the ready to roll pastries I had in my fridge since christmas.


Well, the puff pastry was mouldy, so that had to go, but the shortcrust looked and smelt ok.


So I cut circles out of it, filled with mincemeat, and pinched together.


Bung them in the mosky and let it do it's magic. I did line it with non stick as mince meat can get terribly sticky.


Hmm, with the government and it's obesity warnings, I don't know which part of the government to listen to, the love food not waste lot, or the stop eating you fat b*****ds lot!

2 comments:

  1. Did the mincemeat parcels taste good because they look great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! OH my goodness, I ended up eating the WHOLE LOT over 2 days! That's disastrous. But I've never had shortcrust pastry so good.

    It was crispy on the outside, and melt in your mouth on the outside.

    This remoskaring could get dangerous!!!!

    ReplyDelete