Friday 23 January 2009

Chunky Vegetable Soup


I tried out my favourite soup today. Chunky Vegetable.

2 carrots, diced
2 leeks, sliced
2 sticks of celery, chopped small
3 cloves garlic, sliced
Tin of plum tomatoes, roughly chopped in the tin
1 litre stock
Chilli powder
Tin of green lentils

Cook the carrots, leeks, celery and garlic in oil until soft. (This takes five mins on the stove, but around 20 mins in the remoska)
Add tin of tomoatoes, lentils, stock and seasoning. (You're supposed to use hot stock, but as I don't want to use any extra gadgets while using the remoska, I added it cold)

Cook for another 30 minutes.


It turned out very much like it usually does, but I think the liquid evaporates more when cooked on the hob, which I prefer, so I'd have to add 200ml of liquid less.

Also, I would need to use stock powder, instead of a stock cube, as I'm adding the stock cold, so the cube doesn't readily dissolve.

To make soup in the future, I would do it on the hob for speed. But I would make it when camping.
Oh and I really can't emphasise enough how amazing short crust pastry is done in the remoska. I am ashamed to admit that there really are not many of those mincemeat crescents left, and I'm the only person who likes mincemeat!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment