Tuesday 20 January 2009

Let's Start With Breakfast - Porridge


After what seems like an infinity of waiting for deliveries, hospital visits and trips out of town, I was finally able to use my new toy for the first time.


I thought I'd make porridge as that would be a good camping breakfast.


One cup of rolled oats, and two cups of milk with 6 teaspoons of sugar to taste in the Remoska. A quick stir with a wooden spoon, lid on and flip the switch.


I checked after five minutes and the porridgy mix was hardly even warm. I was a bit worried at that point. I thought, come on, don't be impatient, just leave it for 20 minutes and then check.


After 15, I could smell a lovely porridgy smell, so I went to take a look through the glass window, and there was my lovely porridge, cooked to perfection and ready to eat.


Perfect Result Number 1!

3 comments:

  1. I have had my Remmies for a while now and can't believe I never tried to make porridge in them! I will be doing this on the weekend.

    Really looking forward to following your blog, I use my remmie almost every day - actually make that every day - I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marion.

    Essentially, I want this for camping use, which is why I tried out porridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. I haven’t used my Remoska so I’ll start with this porridge. Thanks

    ReplyDelete