Friday 23 January 2009

Burgers

I cooked some burgers for dinner this evening. I was utterly alarmed at home much fat came out of them considering they were premium burgers. I took a cup of fat out of the remoska half way through cooking so that the burgers wouldn't be sitting in fat while they cooked.

Anyway, burgers are burgers so I haven't taken a picture of them. They took an hour to cook, were cooked through, and not at all dry. So, I would say a success. Also, I managed to lie 8 burgers on the base of the remoska, so really, the grande is enough to feed six people easily.

I don't wish I had bought the standard, but the grande really is very big and I really need a rack for it, which I don't believe comes in grande yet.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gizzie, there is a rack for the Grande, I've got one and wouldn't be without it. Great for doing things with high fat content, you can also cook things underneath in the pan,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the rack too and I think it is the only 'essential' extra that you need. It costs £8.99. Once you have it, you can use a shallow pie dish/cake tin on it to the same effect that you'd get if you bought the shallow pan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stand corrected! I'll be out to buy one soon. I have to wait until I get to a Lakeland, as I don't want to pay the postage and packing for a small item.

    Is it worth getting the shallow pan?

    ReplyDelete